Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Digital Storytelling


We did it!  This is my first attempt at Digital storytelling with the help of my amazing friend Ms. Kearns.  We decided to work together on the project because we both wanted to use the same idea of bucket filling that we had implemented in our classrooms.  The digital story explains the problems that our students were having with classroom community and how we guided them to turn it around.  The students loved posing for pictures to give examples of how to be great bucket fillers.  Once we had the pictures we used Windows Movie Maker to create the story of our bucket filling project.  The pictures and the voice went pretty smoothly, but when we decided to put music in the background it took a lot of brainstorming.  Finally, after using Google as a resource, we figured out that we had to make a video with the voice and then embed it into a new file putting the music as that voice over the old video.  I am very proud of our trouble shooting.  The one thing that I would change if I could is that I would make our voices the same volume.  We couldn't figure out how to go back and change that once we had it all recorded.
Hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it!  (You might want to turn the volume up to hear my squeaky little voice :)

4 comments:

  1. Your story is great! Love the book and the idea of using your kids as actors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mari Beth, they had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Mari Beth you both did such a great job here!! I would love to try this with our Third Grade!! Great for character building at school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I read that same story with my students in September. This would be a fantastic idea to show for our next PBIS school assembly.

    ReplyDelete