Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Glogster Much?

Do any of you use Glogster?  My students have been working on a research project and I decided to try out Glogster as an option for them to present their research.  Our school has an upgraded account, so it made sense to use it.  After making the class list and showing students how to use it, I then sent home a letter explaining what it was to parents and gave students the option of playing around with it at home.

I have found that the students love it and have been creating lots of glogs on their own time.  The other neat feature is that students can comment on each other's blogs.  The thing that I don't like is that the comments post right away and they don't have to be approved by me.  So far this has been fine because I spoke to my class about leaving positive comments.  It does make me nervous though because I have no control.  The other piece to it that I don't like is that students can send each other messages.  I don't think that I can view these in any way.  Does anybody know if there is something that I am missing and can change the controls or something?

I do have lots of ideas that my students can glog about.  This glog came from the integrating technology and literacy site and used a book to facilitate discussion on bucket lists.  My students have to read each week and do a project related to their book.  A glog would be a great way to share books with the class.  You can check out this middle school teacher's project on the integrating technology and literacy site.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, and I know my students would love it! Some of my students used it last year and have created extra credit projects to share. I love the idea of using it for a research project or reading homework. If you find out how to change the controls, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've impressed me! Videos, blogs, embedded images, links, RSS?? Keep up the good work and pssst you have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete